· 339 () Roller Coaster Physics - what's the role of energy in making a roller coaster move?
· 339 Understanding Roller Coaster - use this java simulator to design your own roller coaster and investigate the physics consequences of your design.
· 339 Build Your Own Coaster - exactly as the title suggests; see how far you can push the "Fear-o-Meter"!
· 341 (varying in length) Exploratorium Sport Science - several sports are investigated, including baseball, cycling and surfing.
· 341 (varying in length) Dr. Skateboard's Trick Tips - awesome skateboard tricks, and all the motion principles behind them. Students will love watching these!! Well done!!
· 354*** () NASCAR Photo Finish – it doesn't get much closer than this!
· 360*** (0:24) Rap attack in Action on Mt. Habrich – when someone is injured in a remote area, it's a good thing the Rap attack is there to save the day.
· 362-366 Position vs. Time - move the bike and the graph is drawn by magic!
· 362-366 The Physics of Motion on a Line - need some help understanding what motion looks like on a graph? Check this site for some motion graphing examples.
· 367-370 Using Conversion Factors - good examples, plus a quiz to try.
· 367-370 Units: What Are They Good For? - try this tutorial; it's got some good hints if you get stuck.
9.1 (pages may be downloaded and printed at home)
· 380-386 Acceleration – scroll down to check out acceleration and the Human Body!!
· 380 Bjarni Tryggvason - Canadian Space Agency biography.
· 380 (varying in length) NASA Space Shuttle – Several video clips to choose from.
· 380 () How Space Shuttles Work – Excellent! - from launch to landing. Scroll down to find lots of info here.
· 386 *** () Centrifuge - pilots must be tested for their tolerance to the forces generated by rapid acceleration. This video shows how some people can take the forces, while some just aren't cut out for it!
· 389 The Science of Superheroes - very interesting analysis of superheroes. Some games and quizzes too! Have fun.
· 390 (varying in length) The Story of John Paul Stapp - amazing story and spectacular photos of the tests John Stapp conducted. Scroll down to see clips and pictures.
· 392-397 Acceleration with Velocity Simulations - watch the motion and the graph carefully. Do this together.
· Acceleration - what happens when velocity changes? Includes questions as well.
· 393 (0:28) How Air Bags Work - clear description of the technology.
· 393 Airbags - excellent consumer brochures for download, and some great videos as well.
· 393 ***(0:58) Airbag Deployment Video – this is excellent test-footage of how a high-speed accident can almost completely destroy a car, but clearly illustrates the life-saving potential of airbag technology.
· Skydiving with Nova! - Nova takes us freefalling!!
· 398-400 Stationed in the Stars - Free Falling - what does gravity have to do with weightlessness in orbit? This excellent site has great animations to help explain the connection.
· 411 ***(0:07) Sports Motion – bobsleigh take-off, triple jump, long jump. Some great examples of the human motion in sports.